Sunday, January 3, 2010

press Resume to continue -

Hello again dear reader - it has been a very long time since my last post. Truth be known, I didn't have any desire to post anything. I just realized that the entire month of December has come and gone without any postings, but, it is what it is.

Thank you for your understanding.

I've taken quite a bit of time to ponder the "home going" of my former pastor, Billie Joe Daugherty. Not to same that I'm done either - I'm still processing and will be for some time to come. Not only did we have Billie Joe's passing to deal with but another one of God's generals crossed over into Glory on my 49th birthday, Oral Roberts. He was President of Oral Roberts University when I attended from 1979 throught 1981. His legacy leaves a lifetime dedicated to spreading the gospel and being a conduit for the healing power of God. I couldn't begin to do justice to this powerful man of God here in my little blog so I will just stop right there.

I must give pause here for a moment to consider the Reverend Dr. Billy Graham. He just celebrated his 91st birthday last November. I wonder just how long we will have him with us to draw upon his wisdom related to his years of ministry. I just read a little piece about Dr. Graham that said he is considered to have preached to more people in his lifetime than anyone else in history - some 2.2 billion! It has been recorded that 2.5 million people have stepped forward at his crusades to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior! I believe he qualifies to also wear the honor of one of God's generals. Of course that is my opinion - but again, this is my blog!

press "Resume" to continue - I think after today that I will endeavor to begin blogging again.

CHRISTMAS was a wonderful! We were blessed to have my folks along with their foreign exchange student, Helena come to our home. Helena is from Norway and she is the greatest! She is just like the little sister we never had. She was hoping and praying for snow on Christmas. Well she must be "blessed and highly favored" because it began snowing Christams Eve night and right on through Christmas day. I think we got 12 to 14 inches! I told her at one point Christmas afternoon - "you can stop praying for snow now just anytime Helena." It seemed like it would never stop! No one even ventured outside on Christmas or Friday the 26th. By Saturday I was feeling a bit stir crazy so I ventured out to do some snow shoveling.

We got another couple inches just last night. So now we have two different snows still on the ground with more on the way! The weatherman said we may break another record this week for the most consequtive days with high temps in the single digits.
I remember from last winter that we had three different snows on the ground at one time. Looks like it will happen again.

Have a blessed and prosperous year in 2010!

I've pressed "Resume" to continue on once again.

No comments: