Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Well, here we are gathered together as a family, some watching tv and some working in the kitchen. The drone of the tv in the background, the hum of the dishwasher washing the breakfast dishes, conversations meandering from one topic to the next - all familiar sights, sounds and smells that always mean its a holiday. One sister teaching the other how to make pie crust (might I say "World Class" pie crust); I'll be making my usual Sweet Potato Souffle a little later; okay...okay its not really a souffle but that is what we've always call it. Then I'll make Chocolate Dream Pie that is my Mom's recipe.

Of course one my my favorite things is giving my nieces and nephews a "hard time". I think if I didn't tease them if just wouldn't be the same. My reward? Giggles, laughs and smiles that only kids can make. I've been at this "Uncle thing" for over 25 years and I have to admit its really an enjoyable role.

I hope that your Thanksgiving holiday season proves all you hoped it will be.

2 comments:

mornin'lady said...

Hi,
Just popping in from Pipers blog to say it's nice to meet his other brother:) even if it is online. Welcome sir, to the world of blogging
Your Thanksgiving sounds as if it was real nice, and I enjoyed reading the rest of the blog a few days back I plan to drop back in from time to time.
May the Lord bless you and yours

man2followJESUS said...

Thanks Dawn,

You are welcome to stop by anytime! Have a blessed holiday season and a very Merry Christmas.