Sunday, August 14, 2011

starting of week 38

Well today, marks the start of week 38.

I spoke to the birth mommy and she said she is now staying in Lawrence to be close to the hospital in case contractions begin again. Last Friday, she went to the Dr. and they did an ultrasound and the baby is weighing seven pounds! Sounds like a healthy weight to me.

She delivered her first baby at 34 weeks. Seems like I "heard it through the grapevine" that the Drs could induce her at 38 weeks. We'll see.

The baby bottles, sippie cups, teething toys, pacifiers have all been washed and sterilized. Mama T has picked out a few outfits for Gabriel to wear the first few days.

Yesterday, Saturday, I ran the vacuum very slowly throughout the apartment to pull up as much stuff as possible. I then washed the windows. I find it a little funny that our bedroom has taken on a whole different "motif" in the last couple weeks. We've had antiques in our bedroom for quite awhile and just several days ago, Mama T's antique dressing was re-assigned to the guest room and suddenly a baby's play pen was setup in our room. Just last weekend a changing table showed up in our room and placed next to the play pen. I'm told is we get blessed with a bassinet that it will be in our room too (of course next to Mommy's side of the bed). We picked up a baby's crib last Wednesday before going to Bible Study at church. I need to get it put together soon or perhaps I should wait and let Grampy help me with that. I like the sound of that idea the more I think about it! One of the ladies Mama T works with says she's got a couple of crib mattresses she'll give us.

I'll have to put my phone on vibrate during worship service today in case we 'get the call'.

In the meantime, we simply WAIT!

No comments: