Friday, August 26, 2011

Final Countdown -

Mama T had a Dr.s appointment today so she needed to use the SUV to get to her appointment. I said I would ride with Greg Orscheln to the office in Tonganoxie today.

10:33am
the BABY BELL (ringer) goes off while I am at the office. [EXPLANATION: the BABY BELL was a specific ring tone (an old fashioned telephone ring) that I'd assigned to the birth mother's Mother so I knew when I heard that ring tone, it's the BABY BELL.] The birth Grandmother and she said her daughter is at her Dr.s office and she was having contractions and they decided to run a stress test. She said it was looking like today might just very well be the day we may have a baby! So I texted Mama T asking her to call me. When she didn't call right away I called Dawn, her supervisor, and asked her to go find Tamala and have her call me. She called and I gave her the update and said we're going to a heightened state of alert!

So everyone at the office gets all excited and we go about our work.

1:13 pm -
the BABY BELL goes off again. Grandmother is calling saying that birth mother is dilated to a "4" and that all systems are GO! She said we don't have to rush right around but that we might want to begin finish what we're currently working on so we can begin working our way over toward the hospital in Lawrence, KS. So I called Mama T and asked "Are you ready to be a Mommy now?" I said that she needed to meet me at the house and we'd go to the hospital from there.

about 2:30 pm
I think it was around this time we arrived at the hospital. The nurse showed us to our own room! She said they provide the adoptive families a room while the birth mother is giving birth and until the baby is discharged.

4:34 pm
birth mother is dilated to a "6"! Things are progressing along!

No comments: