Sunday, July 12, 2009

A return from Redneck Vegas

Well, we have returned from a family reunion down in Branson, MO that my brother so aptly put it - "A Redneck Vegas". We had a great time seeing family that we haven't seen in a couple of years - some even longer!

We had luxurious accomodations at the Wyndam Mountain Vista Resort thanks to my parents and their timeshare plan.

We went to the Titanic Museum there in Branson. I would recommend seeing it. They have a few "actual" artifacts from the Titanic on display. You get to see and walk up an exact replica of the "Grand Staircase" that was in the ship. It's very educational and an enjoyable experience.

It is truly amazing how much Branson has changed over the years. The first time I really remember going there was back in summer of 1989. It was just before I started truck driving school. They have blasted through some mountains and completely leveled other I think just to build highways to accomodate all the traffic. Sometimes I wonder what the local folk think about all the traffic and tourists that come to their once "small town".

Anyway, we're back safe and sound - thank you Lord!

No comments: