Thursday, February 9, 2012

My how time flies!

Dear Reader(s) - please accept my apology for not having posted in nearly two months! There has indeed a number of things that transpired and we need to get caught up.

Gabe took his first long multi-stop "road trip" Christmas weekend. We first stopped at Grammie and Grampie's house on Friday night the 23rd, then got up Saturday and proceeded to go on down to Uncle Jay & Auntie Tammy's house along with Madison, Leah, Jameson & Noah. Christmas was great and so good to spend time with family. I just discovered that all my pics must be back in KC because they're not on this laptop.

We came back from Christmas and our movers showed up two days later on Tuesday morning to move us from our Lenexa apartment to a 3 bedroom house in Kansas City, KS.  I told Tamala that I NEVER want to move during the holidays again! That move cost us $900 and some change!

Thursday, January 5th I took Gabe for his 4 month check up (which was late because the Dr.'s office had to re-schedule the original appmnt to a later date).  Gabe weighed in at 15lbs. and 10.5 onces and 26.5 inches long!! When the Kelly, the Physicans Assistant asked me what formula Gabe was on and I replied rahter matter-of-factly "Goats milk"; you should've seen the look on her face when she did a double take and asked me "did you say goat's milk?" "Yes, goat's milk" I replied. She wasn't exactly pleased but I assured her that Gabe had probably a 95% or better improvement on his spitting up issue, he was gaining weight and growing longer so I was pleased with that. She said they just don't know a lot about goat's milk so they don't have any frame of reference to go from when considering it but "I'll check with Dr. Kahler and see what he says and call you." Which she did and called me a couple days later and said again they don't really know a lot about goats milk and we need to be careful feeding Gabe non-homogenized and pasturized milk. She said that Dr. Kahler had mentioned that back when he was an intern, his chief of staff said something about "Formula is for babies and goats milk is for kids". I SO wanted to retort with "and cows milk is for calves" but I didn't feel that I would really accomplish anything by doing that so I didn't.  I took Gabe to day care and dropped him off after the appointment and went to work. Later that evening I got a call from Pat Orscheln, who hired me, and he said he had bad news. He told me that Bill Grojean, owner of the company was making cut-backs and "they were letting me go." I certainly didn't see that one coming.

Since I was out of a job, I contacted Gabriel's daycare provider  and asked what her policy is for stopping the day care service. She normally receives two weeks notice but was willing to let us get by on one week's notice. So Gabe was taken to daycare when Mommy went to work and I would look for employment during the day.

By Thursday, it finally hit me. Kansas City had cast it's ballot for the third time in eight months by terminating my employment so I was beginning to get the idea that I wasn't supposed to stay in KC any longer. I wondered how I would tell Tamala. Well Tamala took it just all in stride and was ready, willing and able to make a move to another place. We decided Tulsa, OK would be the place to go.  So I picked up the phone and called Grammie & Grampie and said "Well, you're finally going to get your way. We'ved decided to move to Tulsa."

"Praise God!!!" came the exclamation from Grammie and Grampy had a similar response.

Gabe and I stayed the remainder of the weekend to spend time with Mommie but Monday morning at 7am he and I had packed up the van and headed to Tulsa. Grammie had said she would be more than willing to keep watch over Gabe while I looked for work. We arrived just befor that Monday morning and unloaded what we had brought down.

Oh! What's this stuff?

Okay. This does NOT taste like my goats milk!

Mommy keeps shovin' this stuff in my mouth. Where's my bottle?

Do you REALLY think I'm supposed to eat this stuff?
This past Sunday morning Mommie fed Gabe his first spoonfuls of cereal while Grammie snapped a few pics.

Later that week, when Daddy wasn't up yet because Gabe woke up several times during the night. Grammie sneeks in the room and gets baby Gabe out of bed and takes him to eat breakfast with her and Grampie. This is what happens when there are grandparents around without an adult to supervise them:


Grammie & Gabe are new found companions

Grampie & Gabe enjoying breakfast & conversation
Grammie is trying to teach Gabe to "patty cake"
Don't hate me because I'm a HUNK!
I chew on everything now because I'm beginning the teething process
My Daddy, Mommie  & Grammie all say I'm so beautiful. What's your input?
Grammie just can't resist pinchin' my fat cheeks
Oh no, you caught me holding my own bottle. Now there is EVIDENCE!

Grampie & Grammie don't talk baby talk and I'm gettin bored

I think that was funny.....wasn't it?

Thumbs are great when my sucky isn't available

Okay that might be a bit too much thumb!

I smile a lot

Grampie.....are you pullin my leg?
Gabe's socks......Daddy's shoes

Do you have a Daddy that loves you this much?

Awhh come on Grammy, can't a guy take a nice warm bath in peace
that pretty much brings us up to speed.

Shalom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Love the pictures and we are so excited you all will be closer. My kids really enjoy seeing the pictures as well! We will have to plan a time when we can come up and see everyone. Madison has a birthday next month too.....definitely will try to plan a party so everyone can get together. Hope the job hunt will pan out soon. Kisses to everyone from Auntie!

Tammy