Friday, May 22, 2009

To go... or not to go....!!!

Unbelievable.....no.....unfreakinbelievable! It has been 30 years this month since I walked across the stage at my high school graduation! Seriously...that really cannot be true....30 years ago...COME ON!
My class reunion committee has posted a website and many of my classmate have signed on and posted stories and pics. Some look virtually unchanged, even after 30 years; while others I would have walked right past them on the street without a clue as to who they are. It is amazing how some people "age" and some don't seem to.

I've told my wife I really don't know what I want to do yet. I haven't kept in contact with anyone from my graduating class. I really don't see the benefit of going to a 30 year class reunion. It doesn't seem likely that I would continue to have a friendship with any of them after leaving the reunion. So, what is the real reason for going? Just to see how much everyone has "aged"? What kind of a reason is that? I have no desire to compare notes with other people to see how I "measure up" to them in the realm of attaining whatever success might have been reached in the last 30 years - that is just prideful and I don't want any part of that. Yeah, don't get me wrong, it would be nice to visit with a few of them and get caught up.

"to go.... or not to go.....that is the question"

2 comments:

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

there's always Facebook... just sayin'.

WINTER WOMAN said...

I attended my 50th last year and enjoyed it tremendously. The most popular in high school were bald headed or had gained weight (as we all have). Some had not changed much at all. I encourage you to go. You will find that most are still pretty much the same people and they will be glad to see you. One surprise is I am the only one that lives in Tulsa.