Thursday, April 9, 2009

Adoption update - Secular Humanism is alive and well!

I really didn't know how to title my post today - I wanted to let you know about the adoption update but also wanted to throw in the "spice" or maybe I should say "putrification" to really get your attention. Grab a cup of java or whatever your favorite beverage might be, this could take a few minutes. This will likely turn into more of a RANT by the time it ends.

As most of you know Tamala & I have been preparing for adoption for over two years now. I've shared on here in the recent past how many times that she and I have not been selected as an adoptive resource for many sibling groups. In case you aren't aware, it's been like five different times aleady.

About a week ago our adoption worker sent us information on a little brother and sister needing adoption and we told her that we wanted to be considered along with other families in the Best Interest Staffing for these two little ones.

Well..... yesterday..... I get an email from our adoption worker saying that the case worker and the supervisor for these two little ones wouldn't even consider us as an adoptive resource. Our adoption worker told them she had to know why. Then she emailed me asking if Tamala and I could come to her office and meet with her so we could discuss the reasons. I simple picked up the phone and called her because I knew something wasn't right and I wanted to know what the deal was and I wanted to know, NOW!

Let me take a really quick moment to explain that our adoption agency is contracted with the State of Kansas (think beauracracy here, okay, with all its "agendas").

I'm going to cut right to the chase here - Our adoption worker explained to me that because we took a stand in our homestudy process, that we do not believe that homosexuality is an acceptable lifestyle, and that if any of our children told us they thought they may be "gay" that we would seek out psychological and spiritual counseling in an attempt that they would "know the truth and the truth would set them free" - they wouldn't even consider us as an adoptive resource for these children.

*blink*........*blink, blink*.... "What did you just say? Surely, I did not hear you say what I think you just said, did I?"

UNBELIEVABLE!

So I ask our worker: "So you're telling me that if an 'openly' gay individual or even a 'gay couple' comes into your office and says they want to adopt a child(ren) that your office will adopt children out to them?"

Answer: "Yes, we will"

*blink*

"So even though we have made it 'crystal clear' to you, our adoption worker, that if any child of ours that we adopt should at some point in the future decide they are gay, that we would continue to love them and help them in every way we possibly could. We know that "loving people through things they encounter in life" is a {PROCESS}. We would share with them that life is a series of "choices" and sometimes we don't always make the best "choices" - that doesn't 'undo' us as a family. Families go through things... life experiences... and still survive. So, Ms. Adoption Worker, none of what we assured you of regarding this issue was believable?"

"blah, blah....blah, blah, blah...it's not quite that simple, Kevin. Let me get my Supervisor on here with us. (pause) Supervisor - " blah, blah....blah, blah, blah... and we can't help it if people in our own office might have a prejudice against you for the stance that you've taken on the homosexuality issue".

I was INCREDULOUS!

Now, I have to go home and somehow break the news to my sweet wife - that we have just wasted the last two years of our lives dealing with some beaureaucratic entity that doesn't have any official inter-office policy on how to keep your own personal biases and prejudices from entering in on your professional decision making ability when trying to find families for babies and little children who desperately need a "forever family".

Because my wife and I will not openly embrace and uphold the homosexual lifestyle and teach children that it is an acceptable lifestyle; because we choose to stand unwaveringly on our Judeo-Christian values - our adoptive agency will find it exceedingly difficult to find a child or any children for us to adopt.

COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't be serious! I mean come on really, you can't be SERIOUS!! Its not like you said you can't stand the homosexual lifestyle, you just said you don't support it. Gay people don't support the hedrosexual life style either. Oh what is this world coming too!
Serenity Now!
In the words of Reinhold Neibuhr; God grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
I'm praying for you bro!

~Ron

man2followJESUS said...

Kevin: I keep up with your blogs and enjoy them very much.
I sent this blog to our Pastor and last night when he began his message he said, " I got a e-mail from the Ramsey's that really ticked me off."
He then told about you and Tamala and the adoption. He also said, "I do my best preaching when I'm Ticked off and I'm ticked off."
He preached from IIChronicles 7:12 thru the end of the chapter. His message was from verse14----If my people who are called by MY NAME. The title of his message was "What is your name?" Like my name is Shirley Ramsey "Christian". If you are truly a born again, bought by the blood "Christian" then you are called by His Name. It was a very good message, and yes, he was ticked off. That's what made it so good. Verse 12 really jumped out at me. It may not mean anything to to you, but all I can say is you and Tamala will get your child. You have taken your stand against homosexuality. Love Ya, Aunt Shirley